New Lawn Seeding Tips:
- Ensure that you have a minimum of 10 cm of good top soil.
- Make sure you have a fine smooth seed bed. Remove all stones, lumps and other debris.
- Apply starter fertilizer at the recommended rate.
- Apply the seed evenly approximately 2.3 to 3.2 kg (5 to 7 lbs.) per 93m2 (1000 sq.ft.) If using s spreader, apply half going horizontally and the other half going vertically.
- Rake or roll the soil lightly after applying the seed.
- Keep the area moist by frequently light watering until the seed is established.
- Depending on the grass species, under ideal growing conditions, some seed will germinate in one week, while others will take four weeks.
- Seed germinates best when temperatures are 15 -26 C. Seed applied at cooler temperatures may take longer to emerge.
- For best results, apply in early to mid-spring or early fall.
Overseeding Seeding Tips:
- Rake the bare or thin areas vigorously to loosen the soil and to remove debris
- For thickening up purposes, apply at half the recommended rate.
- For patching up purposes, apply at full recommended rate.
- Apply a thin layer of topsoil on patched up areas.
- Follow points 5 to 9 on the new seeding tips above.